It was a cloudy Friday evening, Daddy and mommy left in the morning for something urgent in the village and they will be staying for the weekend, so it’s just me and Aunty Nkechi, I just got home from school. I was so hungry (I didn’t eat that cold indomie mama put in my flask earlier today), so I rushed off to the kitchen. Instead of finding food, I was graced by the presence of Aunty Nkechi’s boyfriend. I really do not know what she sees in this guy, he has this smell that makes me want to puke anytime he passes by. As usual, I greeted him, but he didn’t respond. I guess he was lost in his own world because he was busy licking his lips disgustingly, or was he hungry?
But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ- by grace you have been saved. –Ephesians 2:4-5
Hello! Welcome and welcome back to my blog. Funny how I stared at the screen for almost 5 minutes, unsure of how to start this post. Funny right?! Christianity is the world’s largest religion, with over 2 billion believers. Christianity like most religions is largely perceived with many misconceptions. The half-truths, lies and myths about Christianity seem to increase at the rate of instagram growth. Once a person writes a new theory of how the world is ending tomorrow or how Jesus Christ never resurrected, such individual is normally greeted by undivided media attention, Which I find very appalling!
DISCLAIMER: This post is filled with different gifs that kinda express the writer’s emotions, readers discretion is advised.
Let’s get to the post! Here are the various myths and misconceptions about christianity:
#1: Christianity is False because it based on the Bible which is based on contradictions and errors. Errrrmmmm… Hellloo! The Holy Bible is one of the most accurate and preserved document in the world.
#2: Christianity solves all your problems.
If this is true, I guess everyone on earth would be christians. Even the Bible recognizes the fact that christians are bound to be persecuted. Once you are saved and you believe in the Father, he gives you this unimaginable joy and peace but the enemy will always want to take you away from the faith by tempting you with various problems. See the life of JOB for example.
#3: Christianity is a prop for the weak.
I have heard this misconception a couple of times, and I’m always like How is Christianity a crutch for the weak?
Errrmmmm in recent times, modern science even recognizes the fact that there is a highly intelligent being behind the universe. Explore YouTube for more.
#5: Christianity is irrelevant to modern life.
Christianity speaks to real life, like work, finances, relationships, health, success, sex and more. The Bible provides principles which help with life issues any person may face. I can remember saying Here that The Bible really touches on everything in life. Poverty alleviation, educating children, disaster relief are all being addressed by Christ followers in various ways.
This is definitely the funniest myth to me. Christianity is for everyone. God is Love and he doesn’t discriminate. Even when Jesus was establishing the gospel on earth, he preached to both the Jews and Gentiles.
#7: Christianity kills personal freedom!
When you weigh what people mean by personal freedom, you will see that it’s just the freedom to do drugs as they please, go clubbing morning, afternoon and night, be prostitutes if you please, in fact just living without direction. They forget that when you live in line with these things, you become a slave to such acts. When you can’t do without taking alcohol, Do you really have personal freedom? Researchers at Harvard, Duke and other universities have found that Christian faith and church attendance are associated with less social isolation, lower risk of substance abuse, lower rates of suicide, greater happiness and life satisfaction.
There are more myths about Christianity that both Christians and non christians believe. Are there other myths that you’ve heard about that are not in my list? What are your views on the above myths? Let’s Discuss!
P.s: Did you guys notice how I typed everything without a single emoji?! I’m proud of myself. Lol.
Believe in yourself, take on your challenges, dig deep within yourself to conquer fears. Never let anyone bring you down. You got to keep going. – Chantal Sutherland
Hello! Welcome back to my blog! I know I’m really slacking with my blog posts lately, I’m sorry about that, hopefully more posts will come your way soon. I’m in this phase in life where everything is just blank. Like I feel like I’m caged up and I can’t really accomplish most of my plans, it almost feels like helplessness. I don’t even care about anything these days, like I’m living with no purpose. I don’t know how to explain this, I have been feeling like this for God knows how long. Thank God for his grace,even though, I’m not really out of this mood yet, at least I feel better than I was some weeks ago.
Spend not where you may save; spare not where you must spend. John Ray
Hello, hope the new month have been going well? Have you noticed how some people tend to have no or less money upon their fat salaries? Even students who have very sumptuous pocket money but zero to no money of their own (savings)?
This post is to show you those little holes you ignore that drain your money and leave you with no savings and give you tips on how to save more money.
Here we go:
- Pay yourself first after God! This is applicable to Christians. After you have given God his %, then you can allocate a certain amount of money to your savings, and then other things like bills, expenses, can follow.
- Cutback on eating out. Try cooking yourself as this will save you extra money.
- Avoid impulse buying! Impulse buying leads to a surplus of items and sometimes wastage. Have a nap or just stall a bit before you checkout that orderImpulsive buying leads to surplus items! Click To Tweet.
- Drop your ATM cards at home
- work out for free! Yes you can! To register under a gym is quite expensive in Nigeria, for example it’s 30000-35000# per month and up to 100000# per year. Personally that’s alot of going out. Why not revert to jogging,squats, and other exercises you can do in the comfort of your home with your friends, coworkers or neighbors
- Get a piggy bank! ? This is one means of saving money that is totally underestimated and ignored. All you need to do here, is to put all your change for the day in the piggyback and continue till the end of the month. If you can’t find the piggybank, you can meet a carpenter to construct a box with a slot for inserting your money.Put your change in the piggy bank and see your savings smile? Click To Tweet
- produce your own products. Instead of buying that expensive coconut oil, why not try making your own. Try and bake your own cake, make your own glazed doughnut ?, make your own wig, if you can?.
- Have fun for free! Instead of going to the club or Cinema for fun, you can sum up that money into your savings. Download movies, invite your friends over for a movie night. You can get enough roadside popcorn cheaper than the ones sold in cinemas. Better still, you can buy the corn and make the popcorn with a little garnishing ?.
- Go Green! Create a mini garden to grow your basic essential vegetables like: aloe vera, pepper, tomatoes, scent leaves, even garden egg. If you can’t create a garden, try planters.
- Own a Budget planner to aid your monthly expenses. You can also track your expenses with your journal or Calender on your phone.Plan your monthly expenses! Click To Tweet
- Find something on the side.
- Consider thrifting.
Happy savings. Hope these tips help you save some cash. Are there other tips that you use to save money?
Have a blessed week???
Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower- Steve Jobs
Hello welcome back to my blog!? How are you this beautiful and bright day?? Hopefully this post will make your day even more beautiful. Remember what I said here about the projects I was working on… This is one of them. So I discovered 2 easy and fast ways to pimp up one of my old Black top. When I say easy, I mean E-A-S-Y.
The materials needed are:
- Black top
- Needle and Thread
- Ruler or any flat and straight object
- Any Fabric
- Pen or chalk
You can also watch the video here for more clarity?
- Straighten the black top on a table
- Trace out a v on the top neck area of the blouse
- Use chalk to trace the areas you want to rip
- Cut with scissors
- Use fingers to roll the areas that you ripped in order to open up the holes as desired. Voila! You are done?
I didn’t have this second look but it just happened, and I love it too?
- Measure out the fabric
- Insert in top to check if it matches the ripped area.
- Turn the top inside out, place fabric on the ripped area
- Trace and sow with needle and thread
- Sow around the neck area
… and voila, another top is created?
Which of them is your favorite look? Look 1 or Look 2?
Thanks for visiting my blog, remember to share this post if you liked it, drop your comments, let’s keep the forum interactive, follow the blog and subscribe to always get updates on new posts and any other goodies. Have a blessed day