Spend not where you may save; spare not where you must spend. John Ray
Hello, hope the new month have been going well? Have you noticed how some people tend to have no or less money upon their fat salaries? Even students who have very sumptuous pocket money but zero to no money of their own (savings)?
This post is to show you those little holes you ignore that drain your money and leave you with no savings and give you tips on how to save more money.
Here we go:
- Pay yourself first after God! This is applicable to Christians. After you have given God his %, then you can allocate a certain amount of money to your savings, and then other things like bills, expenses, can follow.
- Cutback on eating out. Try cooking yourself as this will save you extra money.
- Avoid impulse buying! Impulse buying leads to a surplus of items and sometimes wastage. Have a nap or just stall a bit before you checkout that order.
- Drop your ATM cards at home
- work out for free! Yes you can! To register under a gym is quite expensive in Nigeria, for example it’s 30000-35000# per month and up to 100000# per year. Personally that’s alot of going out. Why not revert to jogging,squats, and other exercises you can do in the comfort of your home with your friends, coworkers or neighbors
- Get a piggy bank! 🐷 This is one means of saving money that is totally underestimated and ignored. All you need to do here, is to put all your change for the day in the piggyback and continue till the end of the month. If you can’t find the piggybank, you can meet a carpenter to construct a box with a slot for inserting your money.
- produce your own products. Instead of buying that expensive coconut oil, why not try making your own. Try and bake your own cake, make your own glazed doughnut 🍩, make your own wig, if you can😉.
- Have fun for free! Instead of going to the club or Cinema for fun, you can sum up that money into your savings. Download movies, invite your friends over for a movie night. You can get enough roadside popcorn cheaper than the ones sold in cinemas. Better still, you can buy the corn and make the popcorn with a little garnishing 😉.
- Go Green! Create a mini garden to grow your basic essential vegetables like: aloe vera, pepper, tomatoes, scent leaves, even garden egg. If you can’t create a garden, try planters.
- Own a Budget planner to aid your monthly expenses. You can also track your expenses with your journal or Calender on your phone.
- Find something on the side.
- Consider thrifting.
Happy savings. Hope these tips help you save some cash. Are there other tips that you use to save money?
Have a blessed week💖💚💖